A Key University in China
Heilongjiang University is a comprehensive university located in the Harbin, China. Harbin is often referred to as the "Oriental Moscow" or the "Oriental Paris" and is known for its picturesque scenery and unique architectural styles. The city experiences cool summers and offers winter activities such as ice skating and skiing. One of its most renowned attractions is the exquisite and enchanting art of ice lanterns, which has gained worldwide recognition. Harbin is considered an ideal place to study Standard Mandarin as it falls within the Mandarin-speaking region.
Heilongjiang University is a distinctive, high-level, and modern comprehensive university jointly established by the Ministry of Education and the People's Government of Heilongjiang Province. The university currently has over 35,000 full-time students and more than 8,000 postgraduate students. Since 1980, the university has been admitting international students and has already educated over 24,000 person-times from various countries. The university offers programs in 11 disciplines, including philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, science, engineering, agriculture, management, and arts. It is authorized to grant bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees.
Heilongjiang University boasts well-equipped teaching facilities and excellent teaching conditions. The campus covers an area of 1.74 million square meters, with a total construction area of 1.09 million square meters. The library holds a collection of over 4.2 million books, and there is a university town that can accommodate over 30,000 students for living arrangements. The campus also features modern teaching resources such as advanced laboratory buildings, teaching buildings, libraries, sports arenas, swimming pools, dining centers, and multimedia facilities.
The university is committed to internationalization and an open approach to education. It places great emphasis on extensive international exchanges and cooperation, and has established a comprehensive and multi-level platform for international exchange, cooperation, and Chinese language promotion. So far, Heilongjiang University has established substantive cooperative relationships with over 70 universities in 23 countries.
- One of the first batch of universities designated as a "Demonstration Base for International Student Education" in China.
- One of the first to pass the quality certification for international students by the Ministry of Education.
- Designated as a recipient institution of the Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Designated as a recipient institution of the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship.
- Designated as a recipient institution of the Heilongjiang Provincial Government Scholarship.
- Designated testing center for the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) and the Business Chinese Test (BCT).
- Jointly established two Confucius Institutes with the Far Eastern Federal University in Russia and the Polytechnic University of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.
To learn more, please visit https:// hlju.edu.cn.